This is a contest that will give you an opportunity to become a carpet or a rug designer! The entries for this contest that are short listed as winners by our judges will be the winning designs and will be produced in a limited edition and sold exclusively on carpetsofkashmir.com
We will give you and your creativity a once in a lifetime chance by marketing your design globally at our website.
The aim of this contest is for you to design a carpet/rug, and we will then do the production. The carpet will be hand-knotted or hand-woven using the highest quality materials like pure wool, silk or will be a wool/silk blend as suitable for the design.
Please go through the following terms and conditions
- The carpet/rug can be a traditional floral pattern or in a modern/contemporary style.
- The design should have details for the primary (base) color, border colors, medallion (if present) colors too. But do not include secondary colors as these maybe changed by us. You can provide same designs in different color combinations too.
- Please keep the design simple and not very detailed or complicated.
- We may produce the carpet/rug in any size and shape (round, squared, rectangular etc.) depending on the design.
- The design should suit at least a 6x4 size carpet/rug.
- Please include a name (style) for your design.
- The design that you submit must not infringe on anybody's intellectual property rights and it must not have been used in previous production anywhere or at any given time ever. Plagiarism is not allowed and plagiarized designs are immediately disqualified.
- Once your entry is selected to the final round you must provide information about the artist (creator) of your design and a photo of him/her along with a brief synopsis that describes the origin of the design or the creativity/inspiration behind it. Entries that do not have this additional information, once requested for, will be disqualified.
- The designs that are selected for the final round will be displayed at carpetsofkashmir.com and visitors at our website may express their opinion on this contest.
We reserve complete right to use the design for which the designer has won the contest.
The finalists are picked by an experienced panel that has experts from the field of carpets, art, literature and modern design. The panels verdict will be final and no appeals or complaints will be entertained after the completion of the contest.
Acceptable formats: JPEG / GIF / PNG